Tilde.red's purpose is to provide a space to discuss and promote the ideals of collectivism, in various forms. Tilde.red will provide tools and an environment to do so, in a safe way for all participants.
Amendments to the rules shall be voted on, and have a 72 hour long expiry, and cannot end early.
Article I Code of Conduct
- The preferred default pronoun is “Comrade”, but any gender-neutral pronoun may be used. However, pronouns can be an important part of one's personal identity, so you must use the pronouns requested by the individual comrade.
- There are two types of citizens here: Comrades, and Commissars. The only difference is that commissars have been voted on to execute system maintenance, and have higher security level access to various systems. It does not mean their opinion or speech is more important than anyone else's.
- Any form of classism will not be tolerated.
- All citizen are expected to participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- All comrades are to exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions, and to attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech will not be tolerated, by any citizen towards any citizen or any non-citizen of tilde.red.
- If you are asked to stop doing something by a fellow comrade, you are to stop communication with that comrade. Anything beyond that is considered harassment.
- All citizens are to be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. We are in this fight for equality together.
- Any citizen can cite another citizen for violation of these rules. For a violation to be logged, a vote of no shorter than 6 hours will be called. The maximum duration shall be 24 hours.
- Voting length is determined by the citer.
- All citizens are responsible for checking your mail, locally, for status updates.
- First time offenses will receive a verbal warning from a commissar. Second time a violation is reported, a formal warning by email. There is no third warning, a ban will be place for a further infraction.
Article II Community Construction
- Any change to the system must be voted on by the citizenry. Various activities will have a “time to expire” for votes. The vote is tallied at the expiry time. More serious changes will have their votes opened longer, but at no time shall any vote be shorter than 6 hours.
- Authority for changes may be delegated to various committees, or other structure implemented to handle that category of change. Delegation happens per a standard vote.
- Types of Commissars will be created, as needed, per a vote. Commissars will have a limited domain of control, as specified by the vote creating said Commissar.
- Membership of the various commissar groups shall be voted on by all citizens. These voting periods are no shorter than 60 hours in length. This includes revocation of membership to the commissar group.
- Any citizen can call for a vote at any time, within the bounds of the rules. Votes can be ended early if a supermajority of 2/3's of the citizens have voted.
Article III Amendments