Tilde.red is coming soon. Tilde.red will be a member ran cooperative system, based on anti-capitalist, anti-racism, and anti-fascism.
Check back here for more news!
The roadmap for what tilde.red likely will look like, and timeline for it coming on-line is:
- Unified sign on for all services.
- CLI-first, but not only CLI. All services should gracefully, and appealingly, be able to work on the simplest of devices.
- Democratic and equitable management of the system, and services. No gods, no masters, no CEOs, no managers, no vanguards, no central committees.
- A distributed system. Members should be able to add resources to the system, on their own, without too much intervention from anyone else
This is just an abbreviate plan, at this time, and will get fleshed out, and updated as needed.
- +1 month - First private member invites will go out, we'll need technical skills and people skills, but keeping the number of cooks low for now
- +3 months - First public services stood up, and open invites
- +6 months - All services are "people ready"
- Q: Why CLI-first?!?! I suck at using a terminal!
A: It's only an expression. If it can work in a CLI, it should be able to work on any browser, or any device, frankly. Different people have different needs, and ensuring it all "degrades wonderfully" is key to allow freedom to interact as the individual person sees fit.
- Q: Is this like the old tilde.red?
A: No, but yes. People learned lessons last go around, and we're thinking we can pick up in a better place.